Saturday 9 August 2014

Chronicling the mise en scene exercise #2




So after the prep. We moved on to what we call principal photography when we feel like sounding important and what is commonly known as 'shooting'. Contrary to what I had expected I had a great time. It was the first time I was working with children. All the cast were non-actors. Ranjan, who works at a juice shop nearby provided me the child actors. Gardeners at the institute, the librarian, our favourite tea shop owner were the other actors. D Jeet gave me enough time to rehearse. We were shooting on 4:3 aspect ratio but there was some glitch with the 'gate' and when we got the telecine we realized that we had more than what we wanted in the frame. Anyway, I liked what I saw. One day of sound post production and we had our output file. Ta da.








Chronicling the mise en scene exercise #1

No comments:

Post a Comment